Position Description: Quality Control / HACCP Supervisor
Reports to: VP Processing & Plant Manager
The Quality/HACCP Supervisor verifies compliance of all CCPs, SSOPs, SOPs, GMPs, and any other applicable program establishes or adjusts work procedures/hours to meet testing schedules, production needs, and customer requests including all facility audits. Verification will be a combination of records review and direct floor interaction.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quality/HACCP/SQF field. Experience at the managerial level in a food processing or related industry.
· Required knowledge of HACCP, SQF, USDA, Export and any other regulations in the food processing industry.
· PC skills - MS Office applications
· Desired bilingual skills (English and Spanish)
· Some travel required, up to 10% annually.
· Physically able to work in a cold environment, sit or stand for long periods of time, work around raw meat and blood, lifting heavy packages occasionally and also operating equipment occasionally.
· Must be skilled and knowledgeable in the works of the regulatory bodies regarding food processing and food exports.
· Must have general business skill, such as cost accounting, budgeting, hiring, and reviewing.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. At ease communication with employees, customers, government officials, and management members.
· Good rapid decision making skills, organizations skills, and good teaching strategies.
· The ability to provide leadership and growth to a diverse group of people.
· Ability to multitask, function well under pressure, solve problems, analyze results, strategic planning.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The Quality/HACCP Supervisor establishes or adjusts work procedures/hours to meet testing schedules, production needs, and customer requests including all facility audits.
The Quality/HACCP Supervisor have the final responsibility for completing and/or verifying the completion of the following tasks.
· In process product testing required by government agencies, customers, auditors, and /or facility requirements.
· Final product testing and/or outside lab preparation as required by government agencies, customers, auditors, and /or facility requirements.
· Creation, Implementation, and effectiveness verification of all SSOPs, SOPs, CCPs, and any other procedure, process, or program relating to Food Safety, Food Quality, and/or Food Defense.
· Maintenance of the Quality Plan (SSOP, SPS, GMP) and HACCP Plan. As well as all items SQF
o Maintenance includes implementing and/or revising any program/form needed to comply with USDA regulations 416 & 417, FSIS Regulations, Customer Specifications, Good Manufacturing Practices, Plant Implemented Best practices, and/or any other applicable procedure/process/form.
o Includes Warehouse monitoring
· Provides training to Quality Technicians, New hires, pre-existing team members, visitors, and/or any other person(s) needing training. This includes but is not limited to Fork Lift, Safety, Quality, HACCP, GMP, SSOP, SOP, SPS, and any other training required.
o Training must include a training form that references the documentation used, the date and time of the training, the length of the training, the name and title of the trainer, and the printed name/signature of the trainee(s).
· Verifies daily completion of all CCP’s, SSOP’s, SOP’s, GMP’s, and any other applicable program. Verification will be a combination of records review and direct floor interaction.
Completes and/or verifies completion of all additional testing, verifications, audits, checks, reviews, and/or any Quality related procedure, process, and/or form