Reports to: QPS Processing Manager
Supervises: Line Supervisor, Leads, and General Employees
The Processing Manager is responsible for all production operations. Included in this responsibility is safety, sanitation, QA, staffing recommendation, employee training and development, customer service, performance and work assignments. The Manager serves as an interface and coordinator between his or her Manager. The Manager shifts the work force based on need between his areas of responsibility.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Operation: Develops and directs programs to ensure the Efficient and cost effective operation and utilization of the Facility. Plans and schedules manpower in conjunction with his or her Manager for their daily activities; reviews the plan periodically and adjusts the plan when the situation dictates change. Also conducts periodic inventory checks to verify proper counts and location compliance. Conducts daily checks of the facility for cleanliness and product damage, and identifies areas of concern to his Manager
Layout: Develops a space utilization plan to maximize density, and monitors the plan to ensure proper compliance, recommending any changes which can improve facility operations.
Labor Management: Directs the operations of the Production Line Supervisor to achieve prescribed objectives. Develops and maintains a productive work team by creating programs for hiring, training and employee development, matching the skill and background of personnel to the work requirement. Applies sound communication and motivational techniques, creating programs to supervise, counsel and discipline subordinates in the Line Supervisor work group.
Equipment: Develops procedures to ensure the efficient operation and utilization of all processing handling equipment
General – 6:00-3:30, or until Production Ends. Will be scheduled to work Saturdays if production is scheduled and may have evening and weekend work to facilitate upgrades and maintenance that cannot be performed during normal work hours.
Occasional – Come in at 5:00am for Pre-Op and leave accordingly
Occasional – Come in at 12:00pm and stay for Sanitation Cleaning
· 5 plus years of experience at the managerial level in a food processing or related industry. Or 7 years’ experience at support, supervisory or management level work in any field and some additional experience in a food or related industry company.
· Business education or experience.
· Proficiency with computers and basic programs, spreadsheet, documents.
· Physically able to work in a cold environment, sit or stand for long periods of time, work around raw meat and blood, lifting heavy packages occasionally and also operating equipment occasionally
Mandatory Job Requirements:
The requirements that an individual must absolutely possess to perform the essential functions of the job include:
· Valid Driver’s License
· Able to receive and delegate orders diplomatically
· Willing and able to adapt to change
· Must be people orientated
· Minimum High School education
· A thorough understanding of modern warehousing
· Above average ability with numbers
· Good reading, writing and oral skills