Reports to: Plant Manager
Supervises: Line Leads, and General Employees
The processing supervisor position is responsible for supervising employees in a processing environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in processing methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
· Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
· Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
· Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
· Perform accident investigations.
· Maintain proper inventory levels.
· Manage department priorities.
· Performance Management.
· Problem Solving/Analysis.
· Results Driven.
· Communication Proficiency.
· Time Management.
· Learning Orientation.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Full time and must be flexible on hours, willing to work weekend and holidays
Travel is expected for this position (10%-20%).
Required Education and Experience
1-3 years of experience in a food production environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
High school diploma.
3-5 years of experience in a production environment.
Previous quality management experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Valid Driver’s Liscense