The maintenance tech is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the company's equipment, building, ad grounds in a manner that minimizes interruptions in general operations and assures employee safety. Will help implement and or execute programs to extend equipment life and reliability trough preventative maintenance (PM).
Assists in maintaining the engine room and refrigeration equipment and the performance of necessary preventative maintenance to all pertinent refrigeration equipment. this position assists in performing repairs on the refrigeration system, and routine maintenance on other related systems, including but not limited to evaporators, condensers, pumps and the glycol system.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintenance: Performs preventative maintenance (PM).
Building: Maintains building needs
Safety, Sanitation and Security: Promotes equipment safety and develops/executes programs to respond to unexpected or emergency situations. also enforces established safety, health, and housekeeping policies and procedures in order to minimize staff injuries. Lost production time, damage and/or contamination of product.
License or Certificate Required: Must have a valid Driver’s License
Experience or Training Required:
· Willingness to attend ammonia training and obtain certifications within 1-3 years of employment.
· Prior Ammonia and Process Safety Management experience is a plus.
Mandatory Job Requirements:
· Capable of learning how to repair any type of equipment in facility
· Must be organized
· Safety, sanitation, and security is a primary job function
· Excellent mechanical skills
· Basic understanding of electricity