General duties include packaging and light fabrication of meat, occasionally lifting heavy boxes (60-80 lbs) and operating machinery. Candidate must be able to work in a cold environment (35 deg F), stand or sit for long periods of time, working with raw meat. Pushing and pulling of raw meat or packages, weighing and inspection of meat items are additional duties often performed. Day position, some overtime as needed. Preference given to Bilingual candidates. Join a team oriented, fun workplace that offers excellent benefits. Salary range $11 - $15 per hour depending upon qualifications and experience.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- The following list of responsibilities is not meant to be all inclusive as specific job duties may change. The following tasks may be completed daily or less frequent as determined by Product need. Pulls/Pushes/Places product into boxes adheres to customer equired specification regarding box type, weight amount. vacuum packages product. Assembles kit type items. Palletizes product. Straps product. Puts lids on boxes. Stages box/bags for use. Makes weight by using a knife to separate pieces. Breaks down combo boxes. Removes trash from floor. Reconditions products that have fallen to floor. Equipment: After required training general employees may be required to complete some or all of the following tasks daily or when needed; Fork lift use, box strapper, dumpers, metal detectors, knife use, 2-way radios, thermometers, and electric conveyors.
General – 7:00-3:30, or until Production Ends (Up to 12 hours) Will be scheduled to work when production is scheduled
- Two 15 minute rest periods and a 30 minute lunch period
Physically able to work in a cold environment, sit or stand for long periods of time, work around raw meat and blood, lifting heavy packages occasionally and also operating equipment occasionally
Mandatory Job Requirements:
The requirements that an individual must absolutely possess to perform the essential functions of the job include:
1. Able to receive orders diplomatically
2. Willing and able to adapt to change
3. Punctual and good attendance
4. Able to read a scale and complete basic math on calculator