The Forklift Operator Cold Storage is responsible for operating a forklift in a cold environment (-15 to 40 deg F) for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting merchandise. The Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient use of the vehicle. The operator is also responsible for order selection, checking, inventory verification, tidiness loading and unloading of trucks as need dictates.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Receiving: Unloads inbound shipments safely, scans and inspects goods then moves to storage location, efficiently stacking and recording locations. May require physical adjustment of load, re-stacking of product average 60 lbs boxes, occasionally heavier.
Checking: Prior to product storage, counts all product, compares count to the drivers manifest and checks shipment for damage, infestation and production code dates or other items as specified. Reports all shortages, overages, damages and misplacements to immediate supervisor and appropriate parties.
Order Picking: Pulls and prepares product for shipment, (may require heavy lifting) ensuring the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Makes certain product comes from the proper locations and lot numbers agree to the picking documents, and performs the picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
Loading: Efficiently moves product from the staging area or storage areas into trailers.
Equipment: Performs operations with a variety of material handling equipment maintain the facilities equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspects and verifies that equipment is operating properly at the start of the day’s activities. Advises the supervisor of problems encountered, reports damaged and broken/faulty equipment immediately, and operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
Housekeeping: Recognizes a clean working environment is necessary at all facilities. Helps maintain a clean and orderly workspace, remove wood, plastic and other obstacles from floor.
Inventory: Keeps appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assists in physical inventories, ensuring the proper stock rotation by following lot number identification.
Safety, Maintenance: Assists in maintaining the safety of all employees, and assists with equipment and building maintenance as needed.
Experience or Training Required:
· 6 months work experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment or equivalentcombination of experience and education.
· Valid Driver’s License
· Experience with a warehouse management system and scanning systems.
Mandatory Job Requirements:
The requirements that an individual must absolutely possess to perform the essential function of the job include:
1. Ability to become certified to operate reach style forklifts and other material handling equipment.
2. Computer literate, read numbers and labels
3. Ability to work in a cold environment, perform occasional heavy lifting.
4. Must be able to work overtime, days and/or evening and weekends as customer demands require
5. Excellent communication and teamwork skills
6. Problem solving abilities, addition, subtraction, multiplication, simple division
7. Ability to pay close attention to detail in a fast paced, ever changing environment
8. Capable of driving to and from locations
9. Maintain complete confidentiality with sensitive company information.